The Bar W Guest Ranch offers three types of lodging for package and bed and breakfast guests. Guests have the option to stay in our traditional western style lodge, our intimate and rustic cabin suites, or our one-of-a-kind Glamping tents. Each accomodation provides a different and unique experience during your horse riding holiday.
The Main Lodge at Bar W Guest Ranch Montana
The main lodge is 6,200 square feet of classic elegance and traditional western informality. With 6 bedrooms, three common spaces, and a game parlor, the lodge is sure to please. There is no shortage of great views from the decks that overlook the back horse pasture, the arena, and even the wildlife rich wetlands surrounding Spencer Lake.
– the Aspen suite is beautifully appointed with a king bed, a Jacuzzi, large full bathroom, private deck, television and a great view. The Aspen Suite also has bunk beds in an attached but separate bedroom. Perfect for families on a horseback riding vacation.
–the Solitude has a full bath, two beautiful wooden futons and a queen bed sleeping up to 6 very comfortably.
– A real favorite amongst guests, sleeps two in a queen bed and can also accommodate two more on a full-sized futon. It has a full bathroom, large walk-in closet and a great view of the property and the lake. This is a favorite for honeymoons and ranch weddings.
– the Tamarack is on the first floor. It sleeps two with a queen bed, and has a walk out to the main deck overlooking the south pasture. It has a half bath directly across the hall with access to a full bathroom one floor down.
– Appaloosa is our most affordable bedroom, which is a short distance from the game parlor on the first floor. The Appaloosa is furnished with log furniture and has a queen bed. A full bath is directly across the hall.
– Sit on your walk out patio, sip a beverage and watch all the operations of the ranch. The Sunroom has a queen bed, full bathroom and an adjoining yet separate bedroom with a sitting area, bunk beds and two full sized futons making it great for family dude ranch vacations. Sleeps up to 8.
- Our game parlor is equipped with a big screen television, a pool table, dartboard, wood stove, card table/chess set, a bar area and lots of space to move about. There are two futons in the basement as well for a family style sleeping arrangement.
The lodge will sleep up to 26 guests between the six seperate rooms. With the use of the two game room futons, the lodge can sleep a total of 30 guests. The Lodge is perfect for group ranch vacations or enjoy the beautiful accomodations during your ranch wedding or event.Guests renting the ranch for a wedding have the option to use the lodge, cabin suites, and glamping tents for Saturday night of the event.
The Cabin at our Montana Dude Ranch
Designed by the Amish here in Montana, whom are incredibly meticulous about their craft. The cabin has two suites overlooking the South pasture and surrounding forest full of wildlife, our outdoor arena and our herd of horses. These are beautiful suites that together could sleep up to 16 utilizing the common areas!
This is a perfect setting to enjoy the true Montana lifestyle during your dude ranch vacation. What could be better than watching the deer coming out to feed in the early evening while enjoying the beautiful Montana sunsets on your own private deck?
The furniture in both the Eagles Nest and the Bear Den is mostly hand-crafted log furniture, from the table & chairs to the beds. Wood floors & uniquely designed rugs add that special touch to round-out that "in the woods" feeling.
Eagles Nest – has a bedroom with a queen bed, a sleeping loft with two incredibly comfortable full size futons, a sitting area with two more full size futons, a private bath, a
The deck overlooks the south pasture and surrounding forest, which is a great place to watch the local wild inhabitants. The Eagles Nest can sleep up to 10 utilizing the two futons in the sitting area. kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker.
The interior of the Eagles Nest has such a great log cabin feel to it, you will think you're taking a step back in time.
Bear Den – is one bedroom with a king bed, a sitting area with two incredibly comfortable full size futons, a private bath, a kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker.
The Bear Den also features a deck that overlooks the South pasture and surrounding forest. Don't be surprised if you see a Moose or a few deer in the mornings and early evenings.
The Bear Den can sleep up to 6 utilizing the two futons in the sitting area.
Glamping at the Bar W Guest Ranch
This isn't your ordinary "pup tent." Glamping or "Glamorous Camping" has come of age here at the Bar W. You get the best of both worlds - being and feeling a part of nature while staying in an elegant setting at the same time.
Wake up, make a cup of coffee and sit on your deck watching the ranch come alive all around you. If you want to help with chores and catching the horses, you better hurry though - you have to be there pretty early. Head to breakfast and enjoy a hearty meal sure to keep you fully charged for your activity filled day-- horseback riding, skeet shooting, fishing, wagon rides, square dancing and all the activities on the ranch! Of course it's your vacation so if you prefer to sit back relax, read a book, and let Montana surround you that's fine with us!
The Bar W offers two luxurious canvas tents decorated Bar W style - simple elegance blended with western informality. Each tent is decked out with a queen size bed, full sized futon, private porch, kitchenette and chic Western décor. Both tents have a private bath located just a couple of feet away.
Your glamping experience is nestled in our pasture with wild flowers, our string of horses and all sorts of wildlife right outside so give us a call and we guarantee you'll never think of camping the same way again.
Glamping is available May 1- October 31.