The Employee experience
The Bar W Guest Ranch is a great place to spend time working as well as enjoying the outdoors. Are you hard-working, outgoing, fun-loving person with a sense of adventure? The Bar W is a family ranch with activities for guests of all ages. As a small Montana ranch, we make it a point to make everyone feel special. If you love horses and people, or just the outdoors, we just might have a seasonal home for you!
Bar w Core Values
- We Create a Positive Environment: Fun / Supporting one another / Encouragement / Laugh often / Not taking yourself too seriously
- We Connect People: Building relationships / Belonging to the Bar W family / Warm, welcoming, and friendly
- We Do What We Say: Doing the right thing / Committed to the win-win / Closing the loop
2023 EMPLOYMENT UPDATES
Under the new Bar W ownership we are putting new measures in place this season to make sure that our staff is supported to the best of our ability:
- We are hiring a full-time employee whose priority is to provide staff activities and recognition.
- We are also hiring almost double the staff we had last year so that the employees can enjoy the ranch and the surrounding area without having to work so many hours.
- We have raised pay significantly…wages have increased an average of $5/hour since 2021.
Located in the beautiful Flathead Valley on Spencer Lake in NW Montana, the Bar W is just 3.5 miles away from the vibrant resort town of Whitefish. Right on the property, the staff has access to Spencer Lake, 3,000 acres of state forest, stocked trout pond for fishing, mountain biking, and hiking. Glacier National Park is 25 miles away and offers boundless recreational opportunities including whitewater rafting, and over 700 miles of hiking.
Staff Housing Available
Our new staff housing is almost complete with 12 brand-new larger rooms that will sleep up to 44 people total.
On the first floor, the rooms surround a common area and a full kitchen, complete with beautiful men’s and women’s bathrooms. Upstairs in the former hayloft, we have a recreation area just for the staff! There will be a large TV with two big sectionals for hanging out and watching movies. We have a pool table, ping-pong table, and shuffleboard as well. Finally, there is a deck off the back for staff to enjoy the serene ranch views.
Our goal is to provide a place for the staff to relax, hang out with friends, but also enjoy their private spaces. Within the rooms, we are building in brand new bunks that will have more privacy with its own lighting. There will also be a wall of closet space in each room.